The shop has a card loyalty scheme for customers. For every £5 spent in the shop (excluding cigarettes) you receive a stamp on your card. Once the card is full (20 stamps); you will get £2.50 off your next shop.
Locally Produced Products
We have a strong commitment to stocking fresh, quality food from local suppliers at very reasonable prices. We are constantly adding new lines all the time. Currently we stock produce from more than twenty local suppliers to give our customers the best the West Country has to offer including: fruit & vegetables, ready meals, local ales, cider and wine, regional cheeses, ice cream, coffee, milk, eggs, fresh meat and fish products, biscuits and cakes, confectionery, honey, chutney and preserves.
The aroma of freshly baked pastries fills the shop each morning. Why not come along and try our croissants, pain au chocolat, pain au raisin, maple and pecan plaits, white and brown baguettes? If you require larger quantities it is advisable to pre-order in the shop.
Other Products for sale
- A full range of wines, beers and spirits some of which are available cold direct from our chiller. Our wines start at £3.99 a bottle and cater for a wide taste. We have a 3 for £11.00 offer on specific wines and we offer a 5% discount on orders of 6 bottles of any one wine. Come in and see our wider selection of top Australian brands, and Chilean Casillero del Diablo.
- An extensive range of basic groceries and household essentials.
- We sell fresh fruit and vegetables supplied to us by Stocks and plants supplied to us by Plant World in Milton on Stour.
- A wide range of newspapers and magazines are always available to buy. You can order daily and weekend newspapers for collection at the shop, but please collect by 12 noon each day unless alternative arrangements have been made with the shop.
Arts and Crafts Corner
Motcombe Community Shop has an Arts & Crafts corner to exhibit the works of local artists and crafts people.
Art & Crafts can be displayed free of charge for one month and commission is charged on point of sale. Anyone who would like an outlet for their products are asked to contact Kay via the shop.
Advertisements for the sale of goods, services etc. may be displayed in the shop window which is visible from the outside of the shop.
- The advertisement must be postcard size.
- Rates are 50p a week for maximum of four weeks.
- Community and charity events will continue to be displayed outside the shop.
Thanks to two volunteers we are now able to offer a dry cleaning service through Cavell, Dry Cleaners in Gillingham twice a week. Cavells are able to provide a Dry Cleaning service for virtually all items of clothing whether everyday wear or special garments such as wedding dresses or formal wear.
Shop collections/deliveries will be on Wednesdays and Fridays, so please hand articles for dry cleaning into Motcombe Community Shop by 6pm on Tuesday or Thursday. Dry cleaned items can be collected from Motcombe Community Shop.
Tap Water Refilling Station
Motcombe Community Shop is registered as a Tap Water Refilling Station , so that cyclists can enjoy tap water on the go, for free!
We sell tickets for forthcoming village events such as the Gillingham and Shaftesbury Show and Moviola, quiz nights and productions/
We are happy to accept payment for goods in cash or by Visa or Mastercard for transactions over £10. We regret we do not accept cheques.
Please note that we are unable to offer a Cash-back service from the shop, but would remind you that cash can be withdrawn from many high street bank accounts at our Post Office.